Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Macarons from Paris

Rose Macaron with Raspberry Chips

Last Friday, i had called G out for grocery shopping. He told me R was in back in Singapore from Paris and that he had got me something. I knew they were Macarons. They just had to be! Me and Paris equals Macarons or other goodies i talk about but no one in my family understands.. sigh..

Once we got home, he gave me the box. Hmm this was new. I had never seen Macarons in a box. No i mean packaged this way. Inside were cute little macarons without the usual buttercream.
They were really good and all the time i was munching on them i kept thinking .. this is from France... it's crossed the seas just to get to me... gave some to G (reluctantly) but i think he didn't or should i say couldn't appreciate their value .. pft what does he know ?

For those who have tried to make macarons and cried in agony over no feet or no shape or too sweet would understand the delicate balance a macaron requires. I sadly have not achieved the delicate balance yet. My macarons look good (better than the ones you see in this package) shiny smooth top.. frilly feet but their too sweet. Sigh.. i shall continue this experiment and get it right sometime.

Eat me .. Eat me

These macarons were crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. They were not too sweet but still i couldn't have more that five or so. Their shells though were lumpy and so that didn't score points with me. But their taste made up for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment