Wednesday, April 19, 2006

S$20 Chicken Rice

Chatterbox Chicken Rice

I have always heard about the $20 chicken rice served in the Mandarin hotel and it has always made me wonder why would anyone pay so much for dish that can be bought for $2 at a hawker stall.. yes the fact that it's a hotel and the service has crossed my mind... but is it all worth it ?? What better way way to find out then to try it out myself..so one day when i was with my mom and G, i dragged them to the Chatterbox ( the restaurant that served the chicken rice)


Me and Mommy

The ambience was honestly great... the colour combination was not only reflected in the surroundings but also in the cutlery. One tick. Each table is assigned one waitress and they are all friendly and polite. Second tick. Our waitress recommended the baby kailan in oyster sauce ( bless her soul wherever she is ).. the kailan is probably the best i have ever tasted... beautifully presented and it came bespeckled in fried garlic bits... oh my god were they scrumptious !!!.... Third tick. Then came the chicken rice itself...the rice was nice and fragrant... the chicken was good as well but they only served boiled chicken so for those who don't like it ... too bad i guess... the soup in my opinion was weak.. some say the soup should be mild so as to not overpower the rice and chicken but i like my soup to be as tasty as the others ... the condiments were good especially the ginger which is the green thing.. but since i'm not a 'chilli' person.. i honestly cannot comment.. so half a tick.

On the whole it was a great meal, the portion was huge and the experience rich. Still a bit too pricy but worth the extra bucks.

Remnants of my meal


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:49 AM

    r u nuts to eat there?? my dad makes the best chicken rice... hahaha....

    ReplyDelete