Monday, September 03, 2007

Pier Nine

Righteo.. okay been a long time since my last entry .. well i'll just start from the start of the year.. my birthday.

This year i was in Brisbane with my Aunt and Uncle for my birthday and they made it extra special by treating me to a meal at Pier Nine, a trendy restaurant at a posh setting near the Brisbane river.


Eagle Street Pier

I think we were there early and so we were told to wait at the bar. I didn't really want anything alcoholic so me and my cousin had shirley temples whilst my aunt and uncle had Pimm's. We started chit chatting and i was just trying to calmly take it all in. It was honestly so surreal.

We chose to sit outside and my cousin being a massive seafood fan, wanted their prawn bucket whilst my uncle ordered half a dozen oysters. Ooh.. i was getting real excited because it would be my first time trying an oyster !

Prawn Bucket - The prawns disappeared fast

Oysters

The prawns were really good. Fresh, succulent and dipping it in the lime mayonnaise was absolutely divine. Although it does get a bit messy and not the preferred choice if you want to be dainty and all. Next was the oysters and i must say i didn't really hate it or didn't really love it. It kinda 'swished' in my mouth for a little while and i swallowed it. That's how you're supposed to eat it i was told but where's the fun in just swallowing something and so with the second one, i bit into it. Whoa... ( not a good whoa.. kinda like someone hit you in face whoa ) your mouth gets hit with an extremely fishy taste and i mean the longer you chew the worser it gets... so anyway, after that experience .. it was time for dinner....

There were so many options to choose from that i honestly had no idea. Eventually my cousin went for a sushi and sashimi platter. It was beautifully presented with a wasabi aoli that was not that very mild.

Sushi Platter
Smoked Salmon

I went for the smoked salmon. It came with slices of smoked salmon that had a lovely smoky flavour, and a soft boiled egg topped with some roe, toasts and a rocket salad. There were lots of flavours on my plate and i enjoyed every morsel of it.

My aunt had the Cajun chicken with couscous and my uncle had the snapper with potatoes. They were both alright but the Cajun chicken was a little spicy and i would have preferred a gravy if i was being served couscous but nonetheless they enjoyed it.




Finally it was dessert time and by this time i was so happy that i could care less if there was no dessert. But unknown to me ( yeah right.. my aunt kept giving me hints all the time ) dessert came with something special.. a sparkler and birthday song.. giggles .. it was really cute.... what a wonderful birthday

My birthday dessert

Sparklers for me


No comments:

Post a Comment