Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bernard's Birthday at Pier Nine

Molten Lava Cake

Sometimes my uncle and aunt really pamper us too much. In just one year they have brought me to Pier Nine for dinner again. This time the occasion was B's birthday.

Initially, on the day of his birthday, that was the 1st of December, we were not able to make it to Pier Nine as my uncle and aunt now reside in Redcliffe. So we ended up patronizing one of the boat clubs on the peninsular. The setting was very informal and we were in our formal clothes so my aunt and I felt very out of place. My aunt was so unhappy with the ambiance that she insisted we go to Pier Nine the very next day.

In actuality, even though the ambiance wasn't all that great, the food was good and we even got a free plate of seafood risotto as it was our first time there.

So off to Pier Nine the next day and this time we were seated immediately. We had oysters and went to main course straight away. I ordered the quail, B the Asian noodles, K the lamb, Uncle Y the Atlantic salmon and Chitti the quail as well. In the end, K was not too happy with the lamb as it was sweet and so he switched with me and Chitti switched with B.

After main course, surprisingly everyone had dessert. It's surprising because only K and I are dessert crazy. So Bernard and I had the Valrhona molten chocolate cakes, K had cider jelly that looked like a pyramid, Chitti had the cheesecake and Uncle Yo a coffee inspired dessert.

Of course we had to do the sparkly thingy and so B's dessert came with a sparkle, song and smiles from everyone. Our molten cakes had an additional chocolate fudge sauce poured all over it and was accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It was divinely rich and chocolaty. Look at how well Bernard cleared his plate. Giggles.



The family

It was a wonderful dinner and we had our usual walk by the Brisbane river. It was thoroughly enjoyed by all and thank you Chitti and Uncle Y !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment