Friday, February 24, 2006

Incredible India

Just before heading Down Under for my studies, i made a trip to India, to visit my Granny. Mom, Guni, Letchu, Thanam and myself were to follow my uncle. He was going to India on a pilgrimage to Savari Malai.It was one of the best trips i have ever had. Honestly, we were only supposed to stay there for a week but ended up extending it for another. I would have honestly stayed longer if not for my studies. My term starts on the 27th of Febuary so i had to come back by today. Over the next few days i shall fill you in on my India trip. It was AMAZING !!!!


After kissing my doggie Joshie goodbye, we left for the airport. Over there we were delayed because my Uncle's friend who was holding all our passports was late. A wordd of advice, even if you're travelling in a group, keep your passport with you. I was really agitated, but felt much better when we were safely seated in the plane. Guni and Letchu helped themselves to some beer while i enjoyed my food. I know many who hate the food served on planes. I adore them, no matter how bland. I guess its got something to do with the mini plates and cups. Ooh.. i like hospital food too... wierdo .. yeah i know

We landed in Chennai airport and according to my Uncle it was the first time we had to wait for our transport. We were hungry and tired and mom was reallt irritated about the transport.While waiting they had some coffee. There's Guni enjoying his cuppa. I don't drink coffee, can't stand it so i had some water instead.

That's my uncle, his name is Rajan but i call him Chachi. It was really hot and after travelling for two hours we decided to stop for food.. ( my favourite part ) .. Hotel Brindavana.. just a note, in India, an hotel may simply refer to a restaurant .. anyway we each had a lunch set and it was delicious. I loved the chapati but it was tiny. The rice came later but i prefer bread to rice anytime.

On the way i took some random shots of India.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:18 AM

    yes,weirdo.... where are u ?? y nv call nv email... nv say anything... missing again!!! come on man, dun pull disappearing acts on me..... not knowing is a terrible feeling... i miss u gerl......

    ReplyDelete